Friday, April 15, 2016

Day 1: "Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

I had a thought: commit to writing one post, no matter how small and insignificant, each day for an entire year. I then googled "365 day blog challenge" which of course then populated my feed with thousands of ideas for content.

But, something stood out.... a 30 day blog challenge! So, here is goes. I am going to commit to posting something, anything, each day for 30 days. Why perhaps crappy and seemingly insignificant content? --- because although I love numbers. I love statistics. I admit, seeing a whopping 20 people clicked on a link to see what I have posted not that anyone has read my ramblings, does inspire me a little. Wanting to see 100 people at least have their interest perked by some a thought I had even if the title is all that is read, provides some odd form of encouragement. So, for clicking -- I thank you. I really, really thank you.

This blog is a hobby. For once in my life, I have a hobby. For once in my life, I am committing to setting at least 2 minutes a day aside to participate in "my hobby".  I am committing to do something for myself for one hour (albeit over the course of 30 days). A whole hour.  This is a huge step forward in my life, I am doing something today that I know my future self will thank me for; how about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment